Thursday 13 November 2014

My Little Girl



She is six years old. Sometimes she stands in front of the mirror and examines her body, her hair color, eyes everything. She rubs her open arms and whispers, “I wish I had white skin!” Other times she says, “I wish I had blond hair!” She examines her brown body and I read her mind quietly. 

She is my little girl who is now getting conscious about her own body. She finds herself different from others. One day she will grow up. She will see how skin color makes the society divided. I know she might be bullied for her skin color. If I hear that I will definitely be very upset. But I don’t want her to cry. I want to make her strong. I teach her to raise her voice if she is bullied. 

I teach her to respect others. It is true that life is very busy here in Canada. Many parents do not have time to speak with their children.They are not aware of what’s going on in their children’s lives.Their children could be bullies or be bullied by others. However, as a mom, I want my girl to share her worries and happiness with me. I want to make her conscious that skin color does not matter. I tell her to become a good human being. I wish my little girl would grow up in a society where no one would be judged by his or her skin color!

No comments:

Post a Comment